29 August 2011

Erasmus Day 1

Dublin

I got the 6:15 bus from Galway and spent the whole journey watching the fields go by and the sun rose in front of the bus the whole time. It was hard to find Termina 1 somehow and I had great fun trying to find Departures but everything worked out. Little did I know this would be the last time I heard English being spoken all around me!

Copenhagen was a pain. It was huge and awesome, but my flight was cancelled moments before it was meant to go off. I had to switch to a flight that was 4 hours later, but went to Turku instead of Helsinki at no extra cost. It all worked out just airports get boring! Everything was so expensive when converted from Danish Kroner. I didn't buy anythin there bar some chewing gum and I got my lunch for free because they gave me a coupon. They owed me after cancelling my flight!

Turku was weird. We flew there in a rickety craft that shook a little too much in turbulence. For both journeys by plane I managed to avoid getting terrible pains in my ear drums. Yay! The sun set over Sweden and it was all very pretty, but arriving in Turku at night was intimidating. I had to get a taxi from the airport which cost about 22 euro to get into town, but at least I was right outside my hotel.
It's amazing in there. I have a walk in shower, a walk in mirror (by the entrance door, I keep jumpin when I see myself), a couch bed that can be deployed, a table, two chairs, two twin beds pushed together and a massive TV on the wall. Ethernet cable for internet and a microwave and a fridge... pretty spiffy!
I chanced going out to find a 24 grocer, but was told there was no such thing. I looked from one end of the main street to another but no joy. I did spot a grocer that closes at 10 though, so I'll o there tomorrow. I also went by a gamer shop, which made me very happy. It's opposite the hotel! I went into a pub after getting a delicious pizza and asked the bartender if she knew of an Irish bar nearby for me to work at. She had little English, so I ended up with a rough but sound Finn as a translator to a group of very curious older Finns. They were all very drunk. I even got lodgings but turned that down instantly. Hotel is too sweet, lol! I got the name of a place: Parnell's, so I'll try there for employment.

I have all of the things to do tomorrow, so I shall sleep very soon. Oh bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I've been playing lately #2 two posts a month #3

  I have been sort of half-playing games lately, here are some of them. Final Fantasy XII I hadn’t played this since 2019 or so on my old la...