27 December 2013

Christmas Spirits, Open World Gameplay and Essays

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I seem to have lost my own Christmas spirit, maybe it was there when I thought Santa was real and tried to catch him in the act when I was younger. It seems to be coming back but in a different way - I get to see old friends again and my whole family is around, which is always nice. However as Theo is getting older and is increasingly aware of what is going on this time of year it is a joy to see him get excited about Santa, Christmas trees and unwrapping presents. Best part of being a young-ish dad? I get to experience childhood all over again.

I have started to play Skyrim, while I am continuing my current San Andreas playthrough. The latter is going well as I am well into San Fierro and just have Woozie to take care of at the moment. After him more Syndicate mission should open up and it'll be time to move on.

Skyri is tough to get into. I love Fallout, I've played every version almost (even 1 and 2) but I have found Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim elude my favour. They all take place in a medieval fantasy world with tons to do and see, so maybe it's just the FPS controls. They work really well in Fallout, where I revel in gunplay and found melee/unarmed to be tedious and risky. Perhaps I need to be more boring and more of a min-maxer, like playing a Wood Elf with a bow and sneak. My Nord with shield and dagger is what I like but doesn't work so well when it comes to random encounters with wolves, raiders and mammoths.

I still have the three essays to do. I am home by myself so will start on finishing my first essay tomorrow, should be able to conquer it. I will then try and get some reading done for the Crusade. I will be realistic and just try and get those done; Japanese what-if essay can wait until early January at the latest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home