27 June 2024

June post #2 WIBPL: FFX, Fortnite DayZ

Wasn't arsed to play many vidya in June BUT did play FFX and got the last few Steam achievements, a good bit of Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 3 here and there and at the very of the month, I returned to DayZ for a bit.

Final Fantasy X

In the last few months I had replayed 7,8,9 and 12 so it was almost time for 10. I kept meaning to go back and get the last few achievements. They were as follows:

  • win 1 game of blitzball
  • win blitz tourney
  • 200 lightning dodges
  • win choc 0:0:0
  • 5 remien treas
  • all celestial
  • All ffx achieve

So I decided to play through the game again from start to finish, just chill and enjoy the story as usual.

I ensured to beat a Blitzball match the standard way for some: the mandatory match in the story. I read a couple of guides which basically all said to simply score with the Jecht shot with Tidus and then stall until the finish. So that's what I did!

The tournament I returned to later, after I had basically cleared the game again. I made sure to recruit 5-6 great players from around the world. The tourney wasn't too bad - I won the first two matches handily enough, maybe with a couple of restarts but it was fine. The final was hilarious - it was the Al Bhed Psyches who are notoriously FAST. So scoring and stalling was difficult. I eventually got ahead but they equalised, so we went to sudden death overtime for the first time. What followed was maybe 5 more overtimes as we just could not score nor could they! Finally on like 5th round of overtime Wedge scored and it ended instantly.

200 lightning dodges was fun - I basically found a python script on Reddit which worked for a while but then crapped out on me. Very disappointing but I recovered quickly. I got another script that worked in unison with an autoclicker and it worked a treat.

Winning the chocobo racing at 0:0:0 was just tedious - it took like 20-30 attempts but finally I got it.

Same with Remien Temple, just bashing my head off the metaphorical wall yielded results after 20 tries.

All celestial weapons I used to think would be a nightmare but I read somewhere that you just needed to possess the weapons, no need to have all the sigils and crests and whatnot. So I simply found all the actual weapons and the achievement popped, no need to power them all up.

With that the 100% achievements for FFX popped. As I said before, FFX-2 achievements are lumped in with the FFX ones so it's still not a 'Perfect Game' on Steam. I'll just have to go back and do FFX-2 again so!

---

Fortnite

I hadn't played a lot of Fortnite in a while (since starting in December 2023) but Theo informed me there was a new season and the rewards for playing a lot included Fallout Power Armor so naturally we had to play.

---

DayZ

This is more recent, June/July 2024 - I have three achievements left:

  1. Cuff 10 people
  2. Heal 30 people
  3. Shoot and kill at 300 metres plus

OK so the first two can be grinded out eventually. I am currently (7/7/24) at 9/10 so when these servers are less busy in the nighttime I will pop back on and wreak havoc. 

I had a few excellent runs with excellent equipment gathered and lasted a long time but I found the greatest success at cuffing people was running around as a 'mummy'. I had been killed by some base sweats so started over and crafted a rag-costume that resembles a mummy and spent several days haunting one town. There are always fresh spawn and semi-fresh in the area with their motorcycle helmets so it has been entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love/Hate #49 The Outer Worlds 45/68 achievements

My eyes were bleeding after Pathfinder so I took a break then played Outer Worlds for the first time ever. Then 2 days later I finished it! ...