My second attempt at a Gale run; first run was all-Wizards and was going OK but one mistake cost me my whole low-HP party in one go; this is now a Gale as Wizard leading my least-used classes (pure, no multi-class Ranger, pure Druid, not-Swords pure Lord Bard).
The party so far
Gale Evocation Wizard 10
Occasional moments of brilliance, generally just solid member of the team - it is very satisfying to throw a fireball straight at my party or allies and not worries about damaging anyone. I usually fireball at the very start or end of combat so it's nice. I'm pretty sure Wall of Fire does no damage to them either? Need to double check that but it's cooking nicely. Hat of Fire Acuity as well so it's great.
Lae'zel Swarmkeeper Ranger 10
She got Sharpshooter at level 8 and I've been keeping it off but finally got the Risky Ring late in Act 2 and it all started to come together a bit. I hardly ever use the Flying charges the class provides but otherwise it provides tons of damage plus Arcane Acuity and Lightning Charges.
Shadowheart Starry Druid 10
This was amazing in the Shadowlands; I alternated between Colossus Owlbear and Starry Dragon Form but either one was excellent. Such a great use of bonus action. Probably the MVP of Act 2 due to all the Radiant shenanigans.
Astarion Lore Bard 10
Not the most powerful party member but have been giving him Elixir of Hill Giant Strength and the Titanstring bow and he can do a solid 20 damage that way. Otherwise he's just kind of a utility caster and support as necessary.
Timeline so far
17 July 2026 - cleared half of Act 2; had 1 long rest in the middle for the giggles
18 July 2026 - finished second half of Act 2
Assessment
Not the most exciting line up in combat but I've been making it fun with gigantic owlbear and arcane acuity shenanigans. This is also the least I've used barrels in the last couple of playthroughs, I'm surprised. That may change with some of the encounters in Act 3 (need to do Cazador, Raphael, Sharran Temple, possibly will try Gondian quest for first time ever).
I've found myself paying attention to the story again so that's good, I'm not skipping around as much and am taking my time.
Would love to try the Shadow Blade build sometime with Stone of Bliss and that Karlach all-barbarian run is sounding good, plus Shadowheart all-clerics to finish out the Origins.