20 September 2026

September #7 Shadowheart Origin #6 Honour Mode part 1 Act1:1

 I had limited time before leaving the country for a couple of weeks so I thought maybe I'd try to clear Bg3 again with my last remaining Origin character: Shadowheart (SH).

The party

Note: pretty much all 4 members have the same stats, 10/16/15/8/16/8 except SH who had 10/16/14/8/16/10. I gave the other 3 members Resilient:Constitution as their level 4 feat while SH took Wisdom to 18.

Shadowheart Trickery Cleric 3

I decided to keep her Trickery (more like I forgot to change it) but also had some vague plan that I would keep her on Trickery domain until act 2 and if she decides to dye her hair I'd go Light Domain then.

Lae'zel War Cleric 3

I was originally going to kill her like I did SH in the Lae'zel run BUT as I was in control of SH, SH didn't do her usual "ew a Gith" dialogues by default so was much more reasonable on both sides.

War cleric charges are AMAZING I burned through them so quickly though. You get an extra attack with your bonus action which is like gold dust before level 5. And I'm all-clerics so we don't have access to Extra Attack anyway (I think).

Lae mainly rocked the Everburn blade for a bit but would switch her to Dexterity based stuff later and a shield.

Gale Tempest Cleric 3

This class didn't pop off yet (later it would)

Astarion Death Cleric 3

Starts with Sleight of Hand so he's my lock picker when I don't just tear down doors/break chests. Nothing too exciting (yet)

Timeline

September 18th: I didn't actually end up doing all that much but it was eventful. Managed to command:drop the Everburn blade. I escaped the Nautaloid with a very friendly/helpful Lae'zel and Us and had to fight the Intellect Devourers alone. Blow up the tank next to them and just kite away and shoot back at them. Took only one psychic blast to the face but killed them.

Almost ran into Astarion but instead went around and got Lae'zel first - messed up the scene so had to figth the two Tieflings to the death (they are way stronger) but then recruited Lae. She is so single-minded about the zaithisk purification. I was watching for any tension with SH specifically but all seems well.

Got Astarion and Gale and then cleared the bandits/Withers' temple easily enough. I have a thing on thse 'all-class' runs where I'm not allowed click any other class so Astarion was 'Rogue and Cleric' and Gale was 'Wizard and Cleric' etc for a bit but then later got to re-spec everyone at camp to pure Clerics. I believe it was after the battle outside the gate of the grove, which I finished in record time by simply blowing up two nautaloid tanks next to the goblin warband. Combat ended after round 2.

Usual Grove checklist EXCEPT I messed up after a bit; I had Lae'zel use her Mage Hand to pick up the Druid's statue which caused the druids to become hostile. You have to rob it later, not mid-ritual. Cue huge druid versus tiefling war. I managed to escape relatively unharmed out the back door with Sazza but it was a massacre. I left Lae'zel behind (she was stranded on the Harpy beach) and noticed all the druids bunched up in the druid prison cell. Had an idea: what if I blew them all up?

So I went around the map with 3 characters and grabbed every firewine, oil and smokepowder barrel I could find. I talked my way through the Blighted Village (SH had Trickery: Disguise Self so became a Drow) and into the Goblin Camp. Basically searched most of the map short of the main blockages (Flind, Ethel, etc). I accidentally aggro'd the outer Goblin camp (sigh) by trying to finish off Crusher in a duel. Crazy run. So fled out of there for the moment.

But then finally at the end of this particular session I blew up all the druids.



Assessment

It's fine - slightly more interesting than my failed all-Wizards run even with almost no spell slots left.

September #7 Shadowheart Origin #6 Honour Mode part 1 Act1:1

 I had limited time before leaving the country for a couple of weeks so I thought maybe I'd try to clear Bg3 again with my last remainin...