21 September 2026

September #8 Shadowheart Origin #6 Honour Mode part 2 Act1:1

Mainly just clearing up the middle of Act 1.

The party

Shadowheart Trickery Cleric 5

Nothing too exceptional so far, I don't think I'll get much more use out of disguise self or anything for a while.

Lae'zel War Cleric 5

I'm out of charges at the moment so Lae'zel has mainly just been swinging swords and pushing with the help of an elixir.

She has a lovely ability to add +10 to a missed attack.

Gale Tempest Cleric 5

He now has some fantastic options, making him more of a killer. One amazing moment was having someone throw a water bottle at one of the giant owlbears, then having Gale use Call Storm and his maximise damage abiltiy to do 60 lightning damage. That could pay off really, really nicely later.

Astarion Death Cleric 5

I can now Animate Dead (with everybody too) so he had a couple of skelly boy assistants. I foresee having a lot of summoned help later in the game!

Other than that he has a nice necro damage boost I have used.

Timeline

September 19th - tried to attack the Goblin Camp again and got wiped out (almost). Gale's necrotic aura killed a bunch of them after I fled with SH.

I killed all the Zhents and went into the back of their cavern to get to the Underdark. I think I just fought various things down there, Hook Horrors etc to get to help get to level 5.

I went back to the Goblin Camp and destroyed them.

I systematically wiped out the interior, who were neutral/friendly while the outside had been hostile due to Crusher. Astarion fled and revived Gale mid-combat and came back. Limited resources on my part call for unusual tactics! Dror got blown up and Minthara, who had left for the Grove, came back. Damn. Killed her too. Everyone level 5.

Cleared the Arcane Tower and then back to the surface to kill Flind, who was trapped inside the cave rock. So killer her warband but not her. Oh well! Then I took out the Owlbears I think.

Not much left to do in Act 1; Ethel, Phase Spider, Gith Patrol and off the Act1 part 2 (forge & creche). Will treat myself to a long rest before doing those, maybe long rest before Ethel/Phase/Forge then go to the mountain pass as usual and get a long rest there. I usually try to limit it to 2 long rests anyway, have not taken one yet.

Assessment

Flying it and finding all sorts of new and weird stuff.

September #8 Shadowheart Origin #6 Honour Mode part 2 Act1:1

Mainly just clearing up the middle of Act 1. The party Shadowheart Trickery Cleric 5 Nothing too exceptional so far, I don't think I...