Finishing off Act 1.
The party
Shadowheart Trickery Cleric 7
Nothing too exciting, my MC is usually fairly balanced and not too specialised in any direction. She has the ring and gloves that make her bless and blade ward everyone when she heals them.
Lae'zel War Cleric 7
It's way too easy to burn through her divinity and war priest charges but she's a solid warrior.
Gale Tempest Cleric 7
My main nuker when I need him. Throw a water bottle, cast call storm, use divinity charge to deal 60 damage. Managed to 'one-shot' Ethel so she would beg for mercy (and give me everything).
Astarion Death Cleric 7
Occasionally using his touch of death or whatever to do some bonus necro damage; recently discovered that a level 4 animate dead spell summons not 1 but 3 skelly archers/zombies so that's great. Shame I'm so close to the Shadowlands were it'll be less useful if at all.
Timeline
September 21st - Played Bg3 a little bit! Long rested and started the Grymforge. I was struggling a bit but 4 skeleton archers are so good.
September 23rd - Cleared as much of Act 1 as I could handle; finished off Grymforge; I managed to one-short Ethel with Gale’s Call Lightning, Water and Max damage ability. Phase spider was easy too, could not reach Flind, Spectator was annoying but I had 4 drow on my side; partially cleared the monastery.
September 24th - killed the Gremishkas and went into the creche: usual process but took my time, it’s much harder as I can’t deal much damage (yet) but discovered I can summon 3 skeleton archers with 1 level 4 spell slot, very handy. They can also drink elixirs (discovered in a prior run) and have stuff like mage armor cast on them so I have lots of options. I had levelled up to 7 prior to defeating the sub-overboss and her wolves easily, got the Blood and the final fight was my beloved gith trader. All that’s left is the overboss and undead patrol outside, will have to do that in October.
Assessment
Every fight I'm used to being somewhat quicker in previous runs takes a bit longer. Having a small horde of animated undead helped get me back into the game. Need to maybe optimise my characters a little more; maybe re-spec some of these feats and whatnot before the Shadowlands. I also have the Dexterity Gloves and so on so can dump dexterity on one of these characters (all of them have 16) and redistribute as usual. I went with Resilient Constition on 3 characters (Con15>16) but was a bit of a waste as I'm not casting that many concentration spells.
Got to level 7 quicker than usual probably because I killed almost everything I could.