07 August 2026

August post #2 Karlach Origin #5 Honour Mode #8 part 3 Act2 75%+ done

I cleared the end of Act 1 and most of Act 2 on August 1st & 2nd; I managed to do a small few bits a few other days during August

The party

Karlach Barbarian Giant 9

Throw Returning Pike twice and maybe kick people. Repeat.

Lae'zel Barbarian Berserker 9

Very good at whacking stuff with her Soulbreaker Greatsword. 

Shadowheart Barbarian Wild Magic 9

She's just sort of there; solid all-around though.

Astarion Barbarian Wildheart 9

Have barely used any of the powers, he's just a really good archer. 

Timeline

1st August 2026 - played for ages; beat Phase Spider, Ethel (took Hag hair and Mayrina) Flind, Tyr paladins, hook horrors, could not find Bulette; Duergar on beach; Myconid king; all of Forge minus Grym; made it to level 6 and went to monastery/Creche; sent Lae into the pod this time and almost lost her, the doctor aggro’d the next room over but not full creche.

2nd August 2026 - cleared creche, moved into Act 2 and did almost all of that; got halfway through Trials and am almost level 9; it’s getting testing not having magic and so on.

5th August 2026 - I googled how to get a scroll of knock in Act 2 and turns out there is a guaranteed one in the Mason’s Guild so I got that and got to the end of the Trials; cleared the Library fight, then the big  Shadow Mound to get to level 9; and Yurgir (auto-hostile, no talk because I was in menu at the time? Apparently it’s because I went in the wrong way) but he was easy even with all his servants, and took almost no damage. Stopped again after an hour; will finish next time.

Assessment

Trucking along fine, slightly more amusing than the all-fighter run.

I have 3 or 4 rage charges on everyone left so will probably burn through them before the restoration pod (I will not be long-resting in Act 2). Maybe the Inn fight, Moonrise entrance, Ketheric, lab fight? Then restore pod and fight Myrkul and the gith ambush on way to Act 3, but whatever.

August post #2 Karlach Origin #5 Honour Mode #8 part 3 Act2 75%+ done

I cleared the end of Act 1 and most of Act 2 on August 1st & 2nd; I managed to do a small few bits a few other days during August The pa...