17 August 2026

August post #3 Karlach Origin #5 Honour Mode #8 part 4 Act2 done; Act 3 half finished

t

The party

Karlach Barbarian Giant 12

Superb when Enlarged, good when not. Throwing Nyrulna now so everything simply dies.

Lae'zel Barbarian Berserker 12

Soulbreaker Sword is just so good. 

Shadowheart Barbarian Wild Magic 12

Solid but I hardly ever use the rage effects, they add very little especially at this stage of the game. 

Astarion Barbarian Wildheart 12

Have him sorted as a pretty damn good archer; he can also dual wield well.

Timeline

9th August 2026 - I cleared Act 2; I cleared Rivington minus Ansur and Gortash, went to Lower City and managed to kill Dolor immediately, Lorroakan easily enough, cleared the Shar House and then Cazador; I couldn’t convince Ast to stay good so we had to fight him to death. Jaheira now has all his stuff, oh well. Halsin is on Orin’s desk and I’m thinking I’ll either accidentally kill him like I did Lae that one time or I will forget to free him and he’ll walk. I’ll collect some more good gear then work on the Coronation battle.

Assessment

Just need to attack Gortash on sight. I managed to walk passed it earlier so will return in a bit;